57s - all time favorite Imperial

OK, now we've finished bashing the 57s, I dare to speculate that thy would
still probably win a popularity contest in terms of being the all time
favorite Imperial.  Not only did the brand see peak sales that year, the
cars, for all their faults, are nothing short of breathtaking.  Many a
journalist selected the car as their favorite of the year.  Most notable was
Tom McCahill who also selected the 58 Imperial as his favorite for 58.

If folks on this list were able to participate in a vote, where their
favorite year got three points, the second favorite got two points and their
third favorite got one point, not that I think it is really a good idea, or
even a practical one, it is hard to imagine that the 57 would not come out
ahead.  Previous and subsequent eras have their good points but I really
think that the 57 stands head and shoulders above other years in terms of
its impact on the market and as a breakthrough from what had gone before.
Every year a new style of Imperial was introduced was a good year for sales.
1969, for example.  But none had the impact of the 1957, in my opinion.

Hugh