A/C system oil

Last night, I flushed the AC system on the car I posted about yesterday
(thanks to Ron Smith for some good advice). I used a JC Whitney flush bottle
backed with compressed air and about one quart of flush fluid (compatible
with all oil) that appeared to be diluted refrigerant oil.

It wasn't difficult but it was messy...nothing remarkable came out of the
condenser or evaporator. I put the purge nozzle into the suction and
discharge line fittings and blew the flush out both sides of the
filter/dryer fittings. There is simply no way to contain all the spray so,
the next time I do it, I'll work outside with the engine, fenders, etc
covered in protective plastic.

After running through the flush fluid, I tried to dry everything with
compressed air. I could have worked at it all night and still produced a
slight drip from the open end of the lines so I'm taking the manufacturer's
word that the flush is compatible at face value. I plan to run the vacuum
pump a long, long time to pull as much residue as possible out of the
system.

I bought a new Mopar compressor for $330 from  parts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  -a Mopar
dealer in Columbia, SC that sell on-line at reasonable prices. Reman
compressors were only $100 less...experience has taught me that new is worth
the extra $.

Phil Brust
Jefferson GA
73 & 82 Imperial plus 5 other running Mopars