Replace Mrs. Blueberry and make her a parts car?

Replace Mrs. Blueberry and make her a parts car?

I've had the fortune to meet both Hugh and Mrs. Blueberry. To meet her, is
to instantly fall in love; warts and all.

Long-time members of the list might remember that I used to own a a'63 Crown
four door. Green with white leather interior. It had a bad cancer problem
with the doors, trunk and rockers. The engine and transmission were pretty
good and the A/C blew cold. After agonizing what to do with the car, a
friend that knew body working volunteered to buy and restore the car back to
her former glory. So, I made him a great deal on the car and saw it drive
away. After all, I really wanted a convertible...

Fast-forward three years later. I got a call from him out of the blue saying
the car was headed for the salvage yard and did I want it? I pictured that
green beauty and the fun I had driving it. Without asking a question, I said
YES. He warned me, "the car is in bad condition and probably can't be
saved". I wasn't listening. I was going to go get my old old car.

He went through a divorce, the car got pushed outside and the Texas City air
took its final toll on the body. The doors were rotten through. I could see
the driver's seat through the bottom of the door! It had several inches of
water in  rear passenger compartment and the leather interior was in shreds.
Indeed, it couldn't be saved. I did get the engine, wiring harnesses, wheel
covers, and some interior bits. But, the shell was sent to salvage.

The lesson I learned: the car was save only while in my hands. Also, if you
want to restore the car, do it. There won't be another Mrs. Blueberry, even
if you find another '58 identical to her. You two have been through too
much. But, if you give up on it, let someone else with the crazy dedication
to save it from becoming another donor car.

Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible
http://www.imperialclub.org/~maevans/MyImperial/index.html
1968 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible