trip to WILDCAT WRECKING

Quoting RandalPark@xxxxxxx:

> Very Cool, Mental Man, but I think that all those big "transmission coolers"
> that you saw were air conditioning components.
>
> Paul

Paul.  According to the 68 owners manual, that year a towing package was
offered, but only w/out AC.  According to shop manual, the reason is as
follows.  A huge transmission cooler of the size of the condenser was in front
of the radiator.  Chrysler was taking no chances!  Now, that's a huge
transmission cooler.  In fact, it may have been the very same part number!

Of course, you are probably right that what MentalMan saw may have been AC
condensers.  Even in 68, the towing package was a very rare option.

D^2