Two into one will go

Hi Hugh:
Thanks for the mail. I really don't have room to store a parts car
especially now that I have found a 300B to purchase, actually from the
same fellow that I bought the LeBaron from. Arran Foster has expressed
(I think) an interest in buying the whole car for restoration, so if
that is the case it may be preserved for the future. If not I will be
stripping it of everything which is bolted on and having the shell and
frame scrapped. A sad fate for a car which started with such promise 9
1/2 months ago, but who knew that a very solid car less engine would
show up virtually in my back yard. The LeBaron was garage kept by the
original owner until 1997 when the horrid street rodders got hold of her
and ripped her heart out. Fortunately there was a good Samaritan waiting
in the wings to keep her until I showed up. I got the Crown running
today, rebuilt the starter and carb, 75 psi oil pressure. Found out that
the cooling system was still full of antifreeze and was only down about
3 quarts after nearly 20 years. It runs great and once the oil I put in
the cylinders burned off appeared to be almost smoke free even at 3000
rpm. Tried the trans., after freeing up the shifter, and wonder of
wonder forward and reverse gears. So to sum it up, if somebody wants to
restore the Crown it will go to a new home, less engine and trans., if
not it will end up in boxes as I didn't have even one request for parts
after my post.

Best regards:
Ernie Stepney

Ps. They are both 4 door Southamptons