Question about restoring a 65 crown? Leather or leatherete?

Question about restoring a 65 crown? Leather or leatherete?

Hi,

Great news my Dad's ol 65 is back on the road with new tires.  I am getting
a new car that will not be availble until mid November and thought why not
actually drive the 65 until the new car arrives.  The Imperial is in good
running shape but has a lot of warts and pimples, rust, trashed leather and
poor paint.  I am thinking that I want to restore it a little bit more,
starting with the headliner and the seats.  The seats are the patch button
white leahter.  Amazing I bet when they were new.  I have a guy who said he
can do the front and back for $ 800.00 in a leatherete?  What are your
thoughts on that vs real leather and he said he can match the pattern but I
have my doubts?  Are there any leather pattern kits available or actual
original leather available?  What about a good temporary seat cover, any
suggestions?

I recently put new window rubbers that I received from Gary G. that really
helped.

Thanks for your help...

Lance & Julia
Lance Bell