Electrical Solutions for '56

Wow, this group is great!  Two years ago when I got a Mercedes and joined an
online group for help and advice for that car, I was impressed.  Now I've
realized the Imperial fanatics are much friendlier (not that the Mercedes
people
aren't), much more helpful, and much more passionate.

Anyway, back to my electrical problems or rather solutions thanks to this
group.  When I had first been going over the car, I had measured battery
voltage
at around 12.3 - not great but certainly acceptable.  Today I got 11.4.  Put a
charger on the batter to get it up to snuff and viola it started right up.
My wife and I took it out for a good half hour drive - and her first ride in it
- and it was pretty obvious that the generator isn't working properly as it
was discharging even at highway speeds.  Fortunately I have a spare
generator/PS pump unit that came with the car (although it needs to be rebuilt)
so I
should be able get it fixed rather easily.

Special thanks to Mike and Steve for your input and suggestions.

Jeff Cantor
Trenton, NJ
56 Sedan