Re: Re (2): IML: Fixing Govt mandated 68 bulbs

Re: Re (2): IML: Fixing Govt mandated 68 bulbs

Chris,

I'm a little foggy right now (long day) and I honestly can't remember
where I read what I wrote to you earlier.  Maybe we ought to ask John,
since he's the one who mentioned this.  John, are you out there?

I just remember a debate around that time about the size of all
taillights (considered too small and too dim), and a concern that if
there was a failure of one system, or circuit, and all your taillights
were on that circuit, that the car would no longer have any rear
lights.  I don't remember what the result of this debate was (what, if
any, laws were passed).

I do know that I have lost my brake lights and still had taillights,
and vice versa.  Why the system on the '67 would be considered unsafe
and not the system on the '68, I don't know.  Personally, that's one of
the things about the 67s I prefer-- the way the whole side lights up.
Aesthetically, I think it's nicer than the '68.

If it was a cost-cutting thing it's odd, because in '69 they went to a
sequential system, which I would guess is more expensive than what was
on '67 or '68.

Anybody in the Federal Gov't in '68?  :)

Mark