Imperial Differences

I've heard alot about how the Imperial almost always
got better parts then the rest of the Mopar line
(thicker body pannels, whatever, etc).

Well, I brought home my goodies from today's adventure
and found just that again with the 90's Imperial.

Here's what I noticed:

1) Chrome pieces- well, the only ones left on this car
were the rear and front bumper- and guess what? It's
real chrome. Not plastic with a tin foil covering like
all the other FWD Mopar's I've worked with.

2) Dash trim. I grabed the dash trim (cluster benzel
area). The Imperial and Dynasty/et al are the same
design and sizes, while the Imperial one has gold
lettering over the message center which says "message
center", while the Dynasty uses a normal benzel piece
with no lettering. The Imperial plastic wood grain is
a redder, more gloss color then the Dynasty wood grain
which looks more like a brownish walnut (and is
semigloss).

3) Imperial metal body parts. They may be machined in
the same presses as the Dynasty, has all the same
sizes, etc, but the Imperial parts are a much stronger
metal. I would except they would take longer to get
rust holes as well, due to the differences in strength
and thickness.