60 seat material unraveling

 Darn it!
 The nylon type seat material is starting to unravel on my 60 Custom.
 Though the material was a bit dirty, it was in excellent , to like new condition, complete with the resplendent imperial crowns sewed in.
 At this point there is an area about 4 inches long on the drivers side seat back that has let go  Their is another area on the passenger rear seat  that is also just starting to let go.  I don't think the seats are letting go from wear as much as the material seems to be brittle.
 I stopped by the local fabric store this afternoon and bought something called Fray check that is supposed to stop the unraveling of thread. I hope it works. Does anyone know if seatcovers would help , or make the unraveling worse?.
Clay Smith
  67 Crown Coupe
  60 Custom