From: <chrycordoba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 8:11 AM
Subject: IML: Carpet for a '59

> I presume that "ACC" is Auto Custom Carpets, at www.accmats.com, right?
Chris H. indicated that Imperials in the 60's used a cut pile.  Would my '59
have the same type of carpet, or was it changed in 1960 (or later)?  What's
on the floor of my car is very worn, but what's on the back of the front
seats is still quite thick and lush.  If I'll have to make do with a
substitute, would carpeting used in a newer vintage, possibly non-Mopar
vehicle be close as well, and maybe easier to obtain?  I remember that late
'70s Mercury Grand Marquis, and probably Lincoln, too, had really thick
carpet.  I want as close as I can get to the original, but if what was in
the Mercury is easier to get, cheaper, and closer to what was originally in
my '59 Imperial than what is available now that is billed as Imperial
carpet, then I'd consider it.

> What's in the car now is black.  I'm replacing the turquoise seats, and
was wondering if anyone with a '59 out there had carpeting in any other
color than black.  ACC has cut pile in turquoise, so it crossed my mind to
maybe change the color.  Anyone know if other color carpets were offered in
'59?