Thank You Dick , Chris and list for the fine information .. I will do
that and order the custom carpet as u did Dick .. thanks again for the
tip,,....... Mark and Lillian
On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 01:32 PM, Dick Benjamin wrote:
> I have dealt with ACC, they will make a carpet of cut pile for you if
> that
> is what you want, regardless of what their catalog says. I had them
> make a
> carpet for my 67 convertible out of very dark green cut pile carpet -
> it is
> beautiful and fits perfectly, and came with die cut padding already
> glued to
> the carpet, with all the right cutouts etc. I couldn't be happier
> with the
> fit and appearance. The texture is close to the original, but not
> exact.
>
> However, I think it is as close as can be gotten with modern materials.
>
> Dick Benjamin
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Chris Hawkins" <imperial1966@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: <mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 7:47 PM
> Subject: Re: IML: soft top well liner for '65 (and carpet)
>
>
>>
>> --- lillyvine@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> Thank you Greg and again Chris... i had looked on
>>> the internet and
>>> found auto carpets .com and they had the carpet they
>>> claim for the
>>> imperials the price was 203.00 dollars and they said
>>> it was the loop
>>> carpet
>>
>> I think what they mean is they have carpet that will
>> fit. It's not likely a reproduction of what was in
>> there originally.
>>
>> Imperials in the 60's used a cut pile - quite deep up
>> through 1965. In 1966 they went to a shorter nap,
>> Wilton-style cut-pile carpet. I can't think of any
>> postwar Imperial that used a loop pile.
>>
>> Chris H.
>>
>> 60 NY T&C
>> 66 Crown Convertible
>> 66 LeBaron
>>
>> __________________________________
>> Do you Yahoo!?
>> Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
>> http://calendar.yahoo.com
>>
>>