1990 imperial with electrical issue ( maybe?)

1990 imperial with electrical issue ( maybe?)

Hi Gang, My mother's 90 is acting up. The car is
meticulously maintained, and driven very little ( it
has 68,000 miles on it, a few monts ago the AC would
not blow from the dash vents, took it to the dealer
and they didn't want to deal with it anymore because
of the age, our regular family mechanic advised it
would be too time consuming ( labor rate wise) to
track it down,, anyway, we let it go. a couple of
weeks ago all of a sudden the display on the ac
changed itself to metric , showing temp in celcius (
centegrade?) i don't know, we'er in California..
Anyway, now the gas gage keeps registering E( but the
low fuel light IS NOT on)and the battery has drained
to the point of not starting the car twice in a week
(new 7 year battery 8 months ago) is there a common
starting poit to diagnose this stuff? is at all
related? or just coincidental?
any help or suggestions appreciated..

Thanks, MAtt