From:    JRuffingRuff@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Rear Leaf Springs & related hardware
Date:    Tue, 3 Jun 2003 08:28:51 EDT

Dan,

I would just buy the new leaf springs from "Springs and Things".  I thought
that they were very reasonable.  I usually torch off the "u-bolts" and front
eye bolt, sometimes the shackles come apart easily.  Sometimes I use a cutting
wheel instead of the torch.  "Springs and Things" had all the hardware to
complete this job, and I had them send it to me.  (I believe that they also
sell
new rear suspension "lateral links" for the Imperial, with new bushings
installed)   I don't remember for sure, but I thought that I paid around $300
for new
springs, u-bolts, eye-bolts, shackles, and shipping.  I was quoted about $500
locally for wholesale on springs alone!

The job is actually fairly pleasant to do, if you are using new parts to put
it back together.

Good luck,

Jeff
65 Imperial Crown convertible