comparing Cadillac to Imperial

The old subject back again.  I had the opportunity to observe a 70 Cadillac
covertible.  Nice car of course.  Great styling inside and out.  The first
observation regarding the interior was that it was looking too modern (compared
to my 68's).  Too much plastic.  The quality of materials was of course was
incomparable to the Imperial, even though I may have been slightly biased.
Even though the door of the 2 door is longer than my 4 doors, it felt lighter
than my Imperial doors, and it did not close with the same feel.  Then I looked
at the engine compartment.  It had the same q-jet type of carb as my LeBaron
(unlike the LeBaron, could that have been original equipment, anyone?).  The
air cleaner was tiny though.  It appeared that the air flow demands of that
engine were not quite that great, and it was ecquipped accordingly.  400 hp?
Yeah, right!  The exhaust manifolds looked pretty bad too.

Still, a good looking car, far ahead from modern Caddies, at least in terms of
appearance.

D^2, 2x68