vinyl roof problem

Just wondering if anyone knows how you would clean a vinyl roof.My 72 LeBarons roof is in excellent shape other than its textured and in the depressions there is a stubborn white coating(it's a tan roof).I would like to get the white out but nothing seems to work.Anyone have a suggestion? Tony 72 Imperial LeBaron (Genie)