Please Welcome Darryl Green

New Subscriber(s): Darryl Green
Email Address is: dgmed2001@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Costa Mesa, CA

Car(s) owned: None yet, but I've got my fingers crossed.

Self-Introduction: Hello everyone,
My name is Darryl and I am interested in purchasing my first Imperial.  I
remember seeing the 1962 Crown Convertible in the movie, It's a Mad, Mad,
Mad, Mad World.  I can still hear Ethel Merman screeching, "We're the ones
with the Imperial." I have never owned an Imperial before but knew I had to
have one since I saw a 1962 LeBaron in person in Palm Springs, CA.  I
thought to myself when I saw it, wow, now that's a car and those swivel
seats are amazing!!  So I did some research and was surprised at all that I
learned just by reading the pages on this online Imperial website.  I
especially liked reading Tony Lindsey's postings about restoring his 1961
Crown Convertible.  I knew after examining this website that I really wanted
to join.  I'm hoping that with other member's experience you will be able to
help guide me in picking the right Imperial for me to own and possibly
restore.  As of right now, I think I'd like to have a 1960 Crown
Convertible.

I did a frame-on restoration of a 1969 Pontiac Trans Am about 15 years ago
with my step-father.  Actually, he did most of the work and I was his errand
boy.  Since it was my car, I was also responsible for the costs so I know
how costly a restoration can be.  Unfortunately, my step-father would work
on the car when I wasn't around and I missed-out on learning a lot, but
still enjoyed doing a lot of the work myself.  Now that I'm grown, I think
I'd like to tackle doing a restoration on my own.  My step-father has passed
away, so I won't have his experience with automobiles to help me, but I feel
confident that with advice from "Imperial people", I will be able to weather
the most difficult problems.

Thank you,

Darryl