Dash Progress

Well, I've been driving around with my digital dash
for a while now, here's the news on it....

-The unit will suddenly have all but the speedo and
voltmeter go dead- I have found that this is a lose
connection, on either one of the +12volt or ground
lines.
-Unit is very dark at night- the 4 night lights in
this thing don't light up enough. I may see if I can
change the wiring to get all the pilot lamps working
(with dim control) at night, or I may just add one or
two more night lamps
-Trip feature and switching to metric speedo doesn't
work. Aparently this requires the external trip
computer which I do not yet have....

-Fuel gauge kinda works... one glitch (discovered
today)- will not show new fuel level after the car is
filled at a station. My guess is that this is a body
computer issue and would be resolved when I locate and
replace the BCU. If that does not solve the problem, I
will just build my own fuel level gauge using the old
analog cluster's electronic fuel level signal....

That's all for now.