73- second day in NYC

I've been having a good time driving around and scaring most mortal cars just
by sheer size difference alone.

the '73 does a very good job negotiating narrow streets and
crowded avenues,  and puts a smile on about every 3rd face at a stoplight.

  I mentioned yesterday about the tendency to pull to the left,
and spent some time in the archives on the IML.
  Who knew about this valve thing on the power steering unit?

well,  10 minutes with a  1/2" socket and 2 starts and bingo!

tracks straight and slightly vague,    just like I remember!

I also noticed, after reading the repair and archives,  some mention of the
wheel moving on it's own.  Mine would move right when I revved the engine in
neutral.

Now I have to track down a miss.   It sounds like it's on the Passenger side,
and when I pull the plug wires one at a time to that side
it doesn't really change the rather rough nature of the idle, and the
sound.
I suppose a set of plugs and wires are in order.
The car's had less than 1000 miles put on since the engine was overhauled,  but
that was almost 10 years ago.

Question:  the exhaust manifolds are chalkish white?
does this indicate anything?
  (lean, hot, etc?)

just wanted to report in,  and send some thanks to the collective effort on
this great site.

Thanks

Jack & Amy

73 Imperial