Information on pulling Hemi

In California, once a car has been reported "salvaged", that blemish stays
on it's title forever, as long as it remains titled in California.  I have
heard that some states do not use this system, so if you could find a friend
in such a state, you could have him title it there, then bring it back into
California after the DMV archives it records (reported to be 5 years) and
you would get a clean title.  I have not done this, I am merely passing on
what another person told me.

A salvage title does not necessarily mean the car was wrecked and junked.
In the case of my 69 Newport Convertible, the car had been stolen and not
recovered until after the insurance had paid off.  Thus when it was
recovered, it got in the system as a salvaged vehicle, and thus had a
salvage title.  In actual fact, the car was an undamaged, close to mint
original car with low mileage.  I've since sold the car after enjoying it
for almost 10 years, and the new owner understands the history of the car.
If you see a near new looking one in the San Jose area, and its license
plate is 1MCH964, that's my car!

I do recall a very clean looking Tan 57 4 door up in Eastern Washington
state with no engine or transmission running on ebaY about a year ago, I
don't know what happened to it, but I recall it sold for around $900. If it
was from that area, it should have been totally rust free.

Dick Benjamin