68 Imperial

Steve, the usual issues are rust in the rear 1/4 pannels, and almost certainly
that car has them.  Again, the bud brakes may be in trouble.  A car that is
sitting for such a long time, is likely to develop leaky calipers (4 times as
likely to leak, since tere are 4 pistons per caliper).  Also, its unlikely that
the Autotemp works.  Besides the above, the mechanicals are very similar to
your 62.

All the above should not deter you from buying the car, especially if you can
nagotiate the price.  Of course, in terms of styling, the 68 is not as
impressive as the 56 (my opinion).  But on the other hand, is more modern, more
refined, and more practical.  Probably easier to work on, and easier to find
parts.  Overall, it a faster car (especially once you install dual exhaust).
It will be probably faster than your 62.  So, it really depends on what you
really want.  If you have the time, money and dedication, it sounds like a 56
is a better choice.  If you preffer a more practical car, a 68 may serve you
better.  Also, the styling differences between your 62 and 68 are significant,
so you will have an entirely different car (of course, the same applies between
the 65 and 62).

D^2, 2x68s