Imperial Conv single lights

There were also restrictions on the 4-headlight system in Canada, too.  When
the 1957 models were introduced Chrysler of Canada stated that the
4-headlight system was available only on imported models (all DeSotos,
Chrysler Windsor wagons, all New Yorkers, all 300-C models and all
Imperials) where provincial law permitted.

Similarly, when Ford of Canada introduced the Mercury and Monarch Turnpike
Cruisers, the Canadian-built models only had two headlights.

Nash and Lincoln had no problems in 1957 as their systems were not a true
4-headlight system.

For 1958, the only American cars without four headlights were the Rambler
American, Rambler Deluxe, Studebaker Scotsman, Studebaker Champion (where it
was an option), Studebaker Silver Hawk, Studebaker Golden Hawk and the
Packard Hawk.

The non-Hawk Studebakers and Packards (except the Scotsman) had a pod
attached to the fender to accomodate four headlights.  (IMHO they would have
looked better if the headlights were vertical rather than horizontal.)

Bill
Vancouver, BC