e-mail overload and Rules reminder

Hi Folks,
  The Iml admin folks are starting to get messages
complaining about the hugh overload of off topic, one
line, and or personal messages coming through.  seems
like between Dodge pickups, diesel cooling systems,
gardening tips, personal messages, and one line
messages, it is very hard to keep up!
PLEASE PLEASE try to follow the rules.

***** Think before you send a message ******
"Is this Imperial related?"
"Is this something that all 5-600 folks need to read?"
or
"Would it be better to send this private"
We are in danger of losing folks who are unable or
unwilling to wade through 150 messages in a day or 2.

Here are the short list of rules;

IML Rules of Etiquette, written by the IML
Administrators, January 1999.

SHORT LIST OF DO'S:

1. Everything here is Imperial focused... keep it so.
(If you feel it is not, take it to the Salon. )
2. CHANGE your subject line, probably every time you
post!
3. Trim your posts, and use plain text.
4. Respect other people and their cars!
5. Diversity is our strength - this is a worldwide,
multicultural club!

SHORT LIST OF DON'TS:

1. No Personal Attacks, No Politics, No Religion, No
Bashing.
2. Post no graphics or other large files to the entire
list.
3. No short, one-line responses like "Cool!" or
"That's right!"
4. No personal replies to the whole list - send those
to the person concerned.

         DETAILED EXPLANATIONS:

         The Imperial Mailing List is one of the
biggest and oldest Internet-based car-clubs, and it
has grown to be the largest Imperial club of any kind.

         Over the years, it has developed a "theme" or
a "flavor", which I will attempt to describe:

         In the past, Imperial owners have been
isolated, and desperate for help in keeping their cars
on the road.

         Now, imagine living by the side of a
constantly-flowing river of knowledge. Any time you
need something (a replacement Imperial part, or some
advice, for example), you can just dip a bucket right
in and get
         what you want. Free, easy and VERY friendly,
with hundreds of wonderful pals.

The IML provides a positive feedback-loop, and it's a
major success.

However, we sometimes get folks who join up, and don't
understand that in order to GET something, they have
to GIVE something. It might be information, advice,
honest questions or volunteering. At the very minimum,
we ask that you be a good citizen. We have very clear
rules about what constitutes "good citizenship", and
several constantly-active folks who are authorized to
spank troublemakers - You're not paying for membership
in cash, you're paying for it in plain old common
courtesy.

For complete rules goto;
http://www.imperialclub.com/GettingStarted/MailingLists/Etiquette.html

Thanks for your help!