hydrocarbons and other dangerous things on the car

hydrocarbons and other dangerous things on the car

Folks, its probably best to NOT worry too much about the  " dangerous"
hydrocarbons and such  in our cars.  Besides the tank of fuel theres always
the risk of a fuel line leaking, a carb float sticking or a needle and seat
failing and dumping raw fuel out thru the vents - any of which can cause a
rather spectacular fire.

Then, theres always the battery ,which while its rare we know they can and
do sometimes  explode, and several electrical circuits that are " hot " all
the time just waiting for a chafed wire or failed part to let all the smoke
out of the wires!

If thats not enough , consider just how small and insignificant the cages
are that hold the wheel bearings in place on the front wheels!  Thankfully
that thin film of grease keeps things lubricated and cooled as we roll down
the highway at 88 feet per second.  Same for those u joints, those TINY
little needle bearings that live inside the cups and roll for tens of
thousands of revolutions and seldom destructively fail.

And last but not least, those little rubber cups and seals that stand
between  thousands of  psi of braking pressure and mass destruction at the
first red light!

Of course, Im saying this ALL very tongue in cheek, as far as the hazards
and hazardous things regarding our cars.  It does underscore however, its
far cheaper to repair and or replace something, to get a second opinion, or
just pony up the shekels and have it done if you dont feel comfortable doing
it yourself.   Theres enough other hazards out there that are far more
dangerous and serious than these, lets all be safe and enjoy our great cars.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe