droopy dash

Roger, Arran and mostly Mark,

There is metal under the dash pad. It is not simply a big vinyl coated foam
pillow, and what tends to sag is the entire structure. It's a very long
unsupported span for a thin dash visor (and the visor is even more prominent
in '68 than '67), so the thing tends to just sink in the middle under its
own weight.

I would imagine you'd need to bend the sheetmetal framework under the vinyl
pad to remove the sag.

I would also be very leery of heating up 35-year-old vinyl... I would seem
too easy to ruin a perfectly nice looking dash pad that way, not to mention
baking the foam inside to a brittle state.

Just my two cents... I don't have any suggestions to make it look new, but
maybe leaving well enough along might be the best course of action (or
inaction). Or maybe park the car upside down for 15-17 years and see if it
rights itself? :) Seriously, I'd ask a professional (or keep hoping for an
answer here from someone who's successfully fixed this problem in a '68)
before trying anything, since it's not something you need to fix right away.

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon