Flightseep deck lid

I just love all the little side things going on about the Flightseep deck lid. It is actually quite unique to drive around an automobile with a bird bath on it's trunk lid, but actually I think it is one of the most refined features of the 1957 through 1961 Imperial, and sometimes 1962. I think it was a brilliant way of incorporating a continental kit in a very elegant manner. Although they are subject to leakage into the trunk, by 1959 I think they finally came close to solving that problem by making the center hub one piece. Anyone out there ever here about moldings or gaskets? Actually my 1959 came with a 1958 center hub, which I personally like better, but I switched it to a 1959 to keep water invasion at a minimum.
Bill '59 Crown