Re:OOPS Jeff slipped! and rules reminder

Re:OOPS Jeff slipped! and rules reminder

Hi Folks,
   I accidentally sent the message to sherwood to the
whole list by mistake!   Sorry about that.  BUT while
I have your attention, here is a reminder about the
IMl rules.  Let me or the admin group know if you have
any questions.
Jeff Ingraham
moderator AKA impcop

RULES OF BEHAVIOR:

The Online Imperial Club is free of charge, as far as
money goes. You get an enormous amount of benefits,
and they don't cost you any money at all.

However...

There IS a cost. You are expected to pay your way with
kindness, courtesy, honesty and willingness to help
others. This is not a democracy, and it's not a
typical club. We have actual, volunteer staff here
whose job is to enforce good will, and it's not an
option. We can only promise ONE warning, and then we
can ban you completely. We have no trouble finding
Imperial owners who are fine, upstanding members of
the community, and who can play by the rules, so
please don't think we will waste time with louts or
bullies.

RULES OF BASIC USAGE:

Email Program Settings Requirements:

* Turn off features (like VCards) that create
attachments.
* Avoid sending HTML-formatted messages to lists.
* Send replies either to the sender or the list, but
not both.
* Make sure the time is set properly on your computer.

Writing and Layout Suggestions:

* Don't use all capital letters for more than a word
or two.
* Insert blank lines between paragraphs.
* Include full URL schemes, as in
http://www.imperialclub.com/ - NOT as in
"imperialclub.com"
* Surround URLs with angle brackets.
* Try to use proper grammar, spelling, and
punctuation.

Message Contents:

* Never send unsubscribe commands to the list.
* Create and maintain descriptive subject lines.
* Quote original text sparingly in your replies.
* Don't include email attachments unless explicitly
allowed.
* Use a short signature containing only essential
data.
* Send welcome or congratulation messages via private
email.
* Respect other people's news.
* Civility is always worthwhile.

Thanks for helping to keep mailing lists useful and
pleasant places!