66 Crown Coupe rear quarter panels

Subject: IML: 66 Crown Coupe rear quarter panels

> I was looking on the site & found information on
> how to remove door panels to access the window
> mechanism, but I didn't see anything regard the
> rear quarter panels for a 2 door. Do I need to
> remove the rear seat to access these? I need to
> service these windows & I'm not sure how to get to
> them. I do have a shop manual for '66, but it covers
> a lot of different Chryslers (including Imperial) but
> wasn't clear on this.
>
> thanks for your help,
>
> Loyal Stern
> '66 Crown Coupe

O.K. I junked a coupe last year. If I can remember, the side panels come
out like any others. Remove all trim and screws. The panel clips hold the
panel on the side of the car. I was junking it so I took the bottom seat
out (extremely easy). You don't have to take the seat back off to get to
the side panels off. Here comes the problem. On the car I was doing, there
was no access to one of the three bolts that the motor is attached to. It
is hidden and very difficult to get at. I took the one motor out by
removing glass, regulator, and everything else back there. I suspect if
you drilled a hole in the inside metal door panel where the screw is, you
could get to it and back it out. But like I said, I was junking the car( I
don't want to hear it- the car was becoming a part of a cornfield after
sitting there for who knows how many years). I only had a day to strip it.
It was late when I got to that part of the car, so I was using my
Trucker's language by that time. There is probably an easier way but I was
pressed for time-something you don't want to be when doing this job. Hope
this helps somewhat. Bob Siliani. 66 Imperial LeBaron.