66 Choke pull off success and another question

Quoting Matt Hopkins <mhoppy@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Now one remaining  question- When you floor it the power just isn't
> there. I
> don't think my man took it out on a highway and it doesn't move like a
> 440
> should.  What needs to be checked? Even though I wouldn't do this on a
> regular basis, I want it to git it when necessary. My 75 really moves
> and I
> would think the 66 would be even better.  Who has driven both and could
> compare?

Your 75 has better flowing heads, but still, the higher compression of the 66
should make it the more powerful car.  Make sure the carburetor is fully
opening.  I don't know what carb you have, but most of these cars have
mechanicaly operated secondaries.  Ask a person to floor the gas pedal (engine
off, ask them not to open-close-open-close because this will flood it when you
try to start it, just floor the gas pedal and hold it down) while you are
looking down the carb with a flash light and the air cleaner off.  Chances are,
you will notice the secondaries are not fully opening.  Adjust the linkage
accordingly.

D^2, 2x68, both not fully opening secondaries when I got them.