65 What's this light for?

There is a foot light to the left of the ash tray under the dash. It
goes on
and off when I flip the map switch just above it. but when its off it
glows
slightly and varies brightness IAW the rpms (alternator out put).
A short?
Some magical Imperial voltage indicator?
Tinkerbell?

Tanks
Johan
65 LeBaron
Wash DC
A Foot Light ? Sounds like a rare option to me. I could give you my one
cent worth of knowledge and guess that one of the dashboard instrument
light bulbs jumped out of it's blue socket. Is there an instrument light
or a section of the panel that looks like it's missing illumination ? Have
you tried disconnecting the bulb and see what changes ? If it is dangeling
there then you know it probably fell down from above the ash tray (radio area).