Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 5:42 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: NOS

What does NOS mean?

EdH
'68 Crown Coupe
http://homepage.mac.com/printbear/PhotoAlbum3.html

On Monday, March 10, 2003, at 06:33 PM, Hal Coble wrote:

Dear List:

As I am beginning to fix problems on my 63 Crown, I am learning from experts
on the list like Dick, Elijah, Kenyon, John and Bob and I just want to say
thanks for all the great advice. This list is an incredible resource for me
since I am completely new to all of this.

Question #1: I purchased a the car from my uncle a few months ago. He said
that he bought it 6 years ago from the original owner and that it has been
garaged and everthing is original. How do I determine if it is original or
has had items replaced such as upholstery?

Question #2: I have had a local mechanic replace the water pump, fuel pump
and plug wires. After all of that, John sent me an excellent description of
NOS which I posted earlier on the list. Now I am wondering if I have made a
mistake by replacing these items without searching for NOS parts. If I were
to enter the car in a show as an original that is driven often, will this
hurt me in the judging? I now need a compressor for the A/C but am waiting
to determine if that needs to be NOS as well.

Hal Coble
1963 Crown Imperial Southampton
Georgia