Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 11:25 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Dead shorts, the final saga.

I finally got some spare daylight time to finish the dead short problems
mentioned
earlier in the week.

I replaced the burnt wire from the drivers vanity mirror and added some
spiral
wrap to prevent any further occurrences, while i was at it i added some to
the pax side vanity as well, as this is a weak point anyone who is in the
process of retrimming (Phil) make sure you take a look at the wires in this
area as the wire passes through
a hole in a reinforced section that skirts the perimeter of the underside of
the roof
which has a sharp edge to it.

The plug in the loom that feeds the vanities is behind the pax footwell kick
panel.

After putting all the trim back i replaced the fuse and had a listen to the
fuse
box area, with the dash "on" the hiss i heard before was apparent when i
took my butt off the seat the dash went out and the hiss stopped so no
problem there,
i chalk my earlier fears down to not expecting the unexpected, which i
should have learned to do by now, one day i will learn (maybe).

Thanks for everyone's input on this problem, it's nice to know i have some
help
close to hand no matter how far away they may be physically.

p.s. Have a great time next week on your 70th Dick B.

Neil 82 Imp.
London, England.