Headlights & Clocks (was: parking lights...)

Headlights & Clocks (was: parking lights...)

To those in darkness who don't know what time it is,

I got a headlight switch for my '65 from NAPA, part no. HL6571. The body of
the switch is a little shorter than original, which will make your headlight
knob stick out too far from the dash. This is easily solved with a couple of
nylon spacers - it will make sense when you go to install it. Otherwise,
it's the same switch.

NAPA also supplied new headlight relays (the ones behind the kickpanel) so I
don't worry anymore about my headlights blinking randomly. These do not come
mounted to a bracket like the original. I epoxied them to a bit of sheet
metal trimmed and drilled to fit.

The Clock Works (Eagle River WI, www.clockworks.com) sells NOS Borg
movements for $60 installed on your clock face with a 1 year warranty. This
movement was used in many different cars. They will rebuild your existing
movement for (I think) $40. I got the NOS movement and it has been running
fine since last October.

Best,
John Meyer
Tucson