From: Dick Benjamin
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 9:55 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Please Welcome a New Member Ed Hesse (1968)

You very likely have a serious fuel leakage from the carburetor, and it is
finding its way into the crankcase.  Do not run the engine again until you
change the oil (smell your dipstick, I think you will smell gasoline).
Your most sure way to fix this is to replace the carburetor.  If it is a
Holley, you will wind up replacing it anyway.  If it is a Carter, you may
find the problem with a rebuild, but buying a new one is a much surer way to
save this car.

Do not run it with diluted oil!

Dick Benjamin