Please Welcome a New Member Paul Lenz (1960, 1965's)

Please Welcome a New Member Paul Lenz (1960, 1965's)

New Subscriber(s): Paul Lenz
Email Address is: paullenz@xxxxxxx
Member Location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Car(s) owned: 1960 LeBaron (Black with light blue wool interior) 1965 Crown
4 door (Navy Blue with light blue interior, 1965 Crown Convertible *red with
black leather interior)

Self-Introduction: I grew up next to an Imperial owner.  He had both 1960
and 1965 Imperials.  He was a cool old guy, but that is a whole other story.
In 1977 I was in college when he died and I bought his 1965 Crown.  Thats
the car listed above.  I drove the car for about 8 years and now keep it
mostly as a reserve parts car for my 1965 Crown Convertible that I bought in
1985.  Last year I picked up my 1960 Imperial LeBaron.  I wasn't looking for
another car but came across it by accident on a day long bicycle ride. The
1960 is my favorite.  I has about 63,000 original miles, original excellent
original paint, no body rust and strong engine.  Unfortuatley, the gas tank
is in need or cleaning and coating which I am in the process of now.  Also,
I am having the interior redone in the original color wool mohar.  The
"Batmobile" gets a lot of looks.  The most common statement when I park the
car is "that's a cool car."  I am biased but I think the Imperial is a far
superior car to the General Motors Cadillac or the Ford Lincoln.