Dreaded asterisk and odometer 81-83?

I own an 87 LeBaron convertible, which I bought new.  I had to have the gauge
cluster replaced under warranty.  The odometer on the new replacement
cluster, was set at the dealer, with the mileage that had been on the car.
So my car has the "correct" mileage - however the replacement cluster also
has the asterisk - since obviously, the dealer would have no way of verify
the mileage's accuracy.

Wayne