From: Hugh & Therese [mailto: hugtrees@xxxxxxxx]
     Cc: hadenvandiver@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:38:35 -0600
Subject: IML: Texas Spring Meet

Well, nine responses this year, the best ever.  Myself, in San Antonio;
Marc, from Houston; Dimitrios, from Austin; Asa, from Louisiana and Haden,
from Fort Worth, who all attended last year.  Then we have Wayne, from
Dallas, who has a couple of non-list Imperial friends who may be able to
come, Rollin Baird, also in the Metroplex area, Chris Middlebrook, of
Longview and David Norris, but I'm not sure where from.

Don't forget, we'd love to meet you even if your car is not running at this
time or even if it looks half as bad as mine does.  The point is for us to
get together once a year, get to know each other a little and maybe help
each other out with good places to get parts, etc.  It isn't a beauty
pageant where we look down on the less than perfect.

As such, I still think Dallas / Fort Worth is the best place for us to go,
and I'm plumping for Fort Worth, the Pate Museum, as the meeting point.  I
have yet to choose a date but I'm going to suggest a later meeting time,
maybe 10:30 or later.  If we are at the museum, those who get there on time
can scope the exhibits while the stragglers arrive.

Haden gave some dates we might consider / avoid.  April 3/4 is the Packard
meet in Salado.  April 24/27 is the Pate Swap meet, which, of course, is not
held at the Pate anymore.

He also says there is a car show on the 1st of each month in Decator that
attracts 80 - 100 cars.

I'd be delighted to get some suggestions for dates we could try.

Also, for what it's worth, I intend to ride the tarantula steam train on the
Sunday, so if anyone else wants to do that as well, that would be cool.

Hugh
hugtrees@xxxxxxxx