81-83 Service manual question

After 1967 Chrysler pretty much issued a new manual every year.  Thus there
were manuals printed covering the RWD Mopar products each year for 1981,
1982 and 1983.

And each was produced in two volumes.  The 1983 edition came in two volumes
:
  Chassis & Body : all but sections 8, 11, 14 & 25
  Electrical & Engine Performance : sections 8, 11, 14 & 25

The 1981 set came as :
  Chassis / Body / Electrical  : all but sections 8 engine, 11, 14 & 25
  Engine Performance : sections 8 engine, 11, 14 & 25

The biggest difference between the two is that the 1983 has no reference to
the R body, which was dropped at the end of the 1981 model year.    A manual
set from 1981, 1982 or 1983 will do fine for your 1983.

By the way, when you change your fuel filters (the original style is no
longher available) under the passenger side of the car, make note that they
use 3/8" fuel line.  NAPA lists the 1981 and 1983 filters as being 5/16"
which is incorrect for the supply line,  The 1982 NAPA listing, with its
3/8" line, is correct for all three years.   The return line is 5/16", but
there are no filters on that line.  Your local Mopar dealer will also sell
you 5/16" filters.   I know all this from experience.

As for finding a manual, there is eBay plus local swap meets.  I believe the
Red Deer meet is coming in a couple of months.  Just missed the Lethbridge
meet.  There will also be meets in Edmonton and Calgary, but the Red Deer
swap meet is the biggest in Alberta.

I can also supply a few names here in Vancouver if you are interested, and
also Washington.

Prices vary, but shy away from anything approaching C$75 or up.  I got my
1981 set for C$60 last year.

Bill
Vancouver, BC