Please Welcome a New Member Maria Allerdahl (1959)

Please Welcome a New Member Maria Allerdahl (1959)

Maria,

Decoding your vin should give you the information that you need.  I am not
sure where the VIN is located on 59, but I would guess that it is on the
door post for the drivers door (open the drivers door and look at the post
where the hinges attach and there should be a plaque with a bunch of
numbers).  The VIN is usually on the title in the US, I am not sure how
they do it in Sweden.  The vin should look like:
m6x7yyyyyy
the x will be either 1, 3, 5 or 7/9 (I don't recall wether it is a 7 or a
9, and on the website(http://registry.imperialclub.com/vin_decode.htm) it
appears to be wrong since it lists it as a 5 again.  I need to fix this
once I figure out the correct value).  The yyyyyy will be the sequential
build number (starts at 100001 and with each car it gets incremented).

The third digit (1, 3, 5, 7/9) is the digit you will be interested in to
determine your model.
1=Custom
3=Crown
5=Le Baron