Power Brake Booster

Before you remove the booster, check the hoses for leaks. I believe the 61  has the vacuum tank under the front wheel well like the 60 has. These sometimes develop rust outs. Check that also. John
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 1:38 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Power Brake Booster

gfreynpo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I have a 61 Crown that has a loud "HISSING" only when I press the
 brakes. I think something in the vacuum booster is leaking. Does anyone
 know of a good company that repairs power brake units? How long does it
 take? Is the vacuum unit the same for a 61 Crown, 62 Chrysler 300, and
 62 Chrysler Newport? Cost? >>

Gary,

I recently had my '61 booster rebuilt by Karp's. They are located in CA and
the website is www.resleeve.com. Theyt charge $200

I am very pleased with the result and it only took a few days for them to
complete the job.

I think you will find that Imperial brake boosters changed in '62 with the
master cylinder bolted on the front of the booster instead of being
separately located underneath. The chances are other Chrysler products
changed too.

Best wishes,

Tony Vickers