Paint Saga - I must be a real body guy now...

Paint Saga - I must be a real body guy now...

My paint mentor Randy said that his fingers will literally bleed from all the sanding during a good blocking job.  I must be getting close because I've worn through my fingerprint into the 'meat' on two fingers of my right hand.  They are tender enough that it hurts to touchtype.  It's a good thing I'm getting close to finished.  Yesterday, I finished the 400 grit and today I'll do the 600 (while wearing gloves) and try and wash the car.  I've had some personal distractions this week that have kept me out of the shop and I've been pushing hard to get ready this weekend for the 'paint party'.  Robert Soule, Jeff Carrothers, and Elijah Scott are coming over to watch and help.

I'm hopeful that I can paint the top tomorrow before anyone gets here.  This will make painting the rest of the car much easier as I won't have to be trying to reach across the roof when I'm tired.

No photos yet this week as a car in primer still looks like a car in primer.

KerryP
Patch panels fabricated
Pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx
dte.net/57imperial
Imperials -- 50 Limo, 57 roadster, 61's, 64, 68 Convert, 73, a 66 300 and a bunch of lesser marques