Mr. Sand Man

I think I need to change my handle.  I'm sick of sanding but still have a lot more to do.  Such fun!

I've been working a lot but not a lot of progress to show so I did not update the site:

The tips that Randy Fergerson told me (us) worked GREAT.  The low and high spots just JUMP off the panel and from what I can tell so far, the technique results in wonderfully straight panels.  I sanded out the top, hood, and deck, found a few problems, fixed them and applied a couple three coats of primer this morning.  While that is curing, I've started on the sides.  They will also need a little more work but I should be able to move to a higher grit paper by the weekend and finish up the sanding by early next week.  I want to paint the top before the weekend after next.  Robert and Jeff Carrothers are coming in the weekend of the 22 for a 'paint party'.  Still a LOT of work to do!

KerryP
Patch panels fabricated
Pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx
dte.net/57imperial
Imperials -- 50 Limo, 57 roadster, 61's, 64, 68 Convert, 73, a 66 300 and a bunch of lesser marques