Rare 1957 & 1958 Imperial Lit item on Ebay

Rare 1957 & 1958 Imperial Lit item on Ebay

Thanks for heads up, Kenyon.  Normally I hate it when people broadcast e-bay
items.  I want to keep the good stuff to myself, not blab it all over the
place so I can pay loads extra on the auction.  I'll bet every time someone
blurts out about an e-bay auction, there are some sorely miffed list members
fuming, "Shut up, you moron!  Just because you don't want it doesn't mean I
don't and know the whole list knows about it!  Thanks a lot!"

However, much as I'd like this nice piece of plunder, I think I will have to
swerve.  I'd love to see this stuff on the site, too.  In passing, I think
we could all agree that the 1958 Lincoln was not Elwood Engel's shining
hour.  What an ugly car.  Of course, it still managed to outsell the 1958
Imperial, so what do I know?  I think 1957 was one of the very few years
that Imperial outsold Lincoln.  Chrysler Corp. even managed to foul up even
this happy situation by ramping up production to meet the unplanned for huge
demand for the 57 by outsourcing production on the hoof and letting build
quality go into the toilet, where it's reputation continued to stay for
decades.  Nicely done, Chrysler.  Again.  Its a pity they did not have
enough faith, or money, in the product to support it properly from the
beginning.

What an odd company.  They never let an opportunity to ram defeat down the
jaws of victory.

Hugh