glove box

--- Robin Giesbrecht <robings@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have an owners manual but it doesn't say much. I
> took mine apart and I
> think it has been broken as the knob just spins and
> I can't see any way of
> engaging it other than putting the key through it
> into the lock cylinder.

If you have to put the key in the lock to open the
glove box door, the lock is indeed broken.

These are incredibly common items, so should be easy
to replace.  Finding one in a junkyard would be easy,
but finding the key to go with it might be a
challenge.  If you go this route, get the trunk lock
as well, since the key to the glove box door also
operates the trunk lock (and the trunk lock is easy to
replace as well).

Elijah
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1970 Imperial LeBaron
(3) 1971 Imperial LeBarons

=====
-- "My samoyed is smarter than your honor student."