Re:power brakes, '61 Imperial

Hello Everyone.

I recently had my oval type power brake booster rebuilt on my '61.
When I start the car with my foot on the pedal the pedal goes way from
my foot, but the pedal doesn't come back up!  I have to release the
vacuum from the hose at the booster to get the pedal back up.  If I cap
off the vacuum hose the brakes release,  but of course there is no
power system.  Could it be something wrong with the trigger arm?  I
have bled the brakes and adjusted the master cylinder rod, but have not
attempted to play around with the trigger arm yet.  Any info greatly
appreciated.   Thanks ahead of time.  Nick Nichols