Lincoln "Imperial"

Before our '65 Crown convertible went to the restoration shop to begin the lengthy frame-off she is undergoing, I did drive her some.  Once when I came by my house for a "pit stop" and to get a cold drink a fellow stopped and asked what year Lincoln I had.  He was looking at the trunk when he asked the question and happened to see the letters I-M-P-E-R-I-A-L around the hump in the trunk.  I said, "It's an Imperial" to which he replied, "I didn't know LIncoln had a model named Imperial!!!!  I kid you not!  I suppose the spare tire bulge in the deck lid "proved" to him that is was indeed a Lincoln regardless of what I said.  Go figure!

Greg
(No longer a "parts car", she is going back together nicely!)