Imperial Highway

Today I decided to do something nice for my Nissan for a change. I had bid and won a new aero package for it at a ridiculously low price on eBay, and to save shipping charges on it, I decided to go and pick it up myself today, so the Imperial was immediately called into action, as Super Trunk! I had to drive to Whittier, CA, which is fairly close to downtown L.A., so traffic on the freeway getting there was everything but a smooth cruise, and coupled with that, temperatures were soaring near 80 degrees today, so the Imperial was running very hot almost all the way there. Once there I was able to fit the rear and two sides of the aero kit easily into my trunk, but had to put the front piece straddling the front and rear seat. Not wanting to face that traffic on the way home, I knew I was fairly close to Imperial Highway, so I set off to find it. Once on Imperial Highway it was a smooth cruise with a lot less traffic than the freeway, and the Imperial was now back to normal temperature. I took Imperial Highway through about six or seven cities, until I could get on a less congested freeway to get me the rest of the way home. What started out as a nerve racking experience of sitting hopelessly in traffic watching the temperature gauge rise, turned out to be a wonderful cruise down the Imperial Highway! I only wish I had my camera with me to take some pictures of the car under an Imperial Highway sign.
Bill '59 Crown