budd rotor thickness- from "buddman"

Hey all,
I guess I've been pretty quiet on the IML lately,
having sold my Imperial- the once beloved '67
"Silver".  But, I plan on sticking around as I really
enjoy the technical discussions and colorful debates,
and hopefully I can help impart my limited knowledge
upon those who might request it.  I also need a forum
in which I can type run-on sentences without
reprobation.  ;)

For anyone who's still interested in the Budd rotor, I
just dug out my old rotors (removed from my car when I
installed the Supra rotors) and measured them with a
vernier calipers.  One came out to 0.835" and the
other was 0.845" thick.  The FSM specifies a minimum
of 0.8775".  However, I drove on these rotors for
thousands of miles, under very hard braking
conditions, and they worked fine.  The rotors
themselves have freshly turned faces on them, and with
proper pad replacement, should last for quite some
time.

As I am not planning on purchasing another Imperial in
the near-to-intermediate term, (a 1968 volvo 122 has
caught my eye!) and as my storage space is at a
premium, I will be selling off my entire parts
collection (above rotors included).  I'll be posting
an add on the club website, and you can email me
privately for my list of what I've got.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Otis Davidson