Imperial Birthday

Well, it's been exactly a year to this date, which is also my birthday, that I drove an Imperial for the first time in my life, and it was mine! I actually bought it in December, but it wasn't till January 15th that I got it back from the mechanic in running order again. I haven't regretted one moment of my Imperial ownership, and my only regret is that I do not have enough cash to pour into the project to restore my car to original or better condition right away. Most of the improvement within the last year has gone into the exterior, where I have painted worn spots like the fin tops, door tops, and any nicks or scratches. I've also concentrated on getting it running well once again within my means, and have even been venturing into this area myself. I've had the good fortune to meet Neal Herman, another '59 Imperial owner on the list, and join the L.A. car club, Great Autos of Yesteryear. The Imperial site, and mailing list have been a Go d send in helping me with my Imperial, and I have accumulated over the past year almost every cosmetic part I will need to restore it to new condition. I would like to thank all on this list who have given me information since I joined this list shortly before the acquisition of my beauty. There have been some disagreements on how I should repair my car, and I can understand, and can sympathize with both view points. It takes all kinds to make up a world, and if we all thought the same, nothing would probably ever get done. With the recent news articles on SUV's supporting the Arab cause, I only hope they don't take a look at my Imperial's thirst level. I really think it is time for the current auto industry to find an alternate fuel to power automobiles, and leave the gasoline for us Imperial owners!
         So what did I do to celebrate my birthday? First of all I took the day off work, and after sleeping in, I got in the Imperial and just drove it around all day! What else could be as much fun?
Bill '59 Crown