A New Member, Chuck Lehman (1968)

> New Subscriber(s): Chuck Lehman
> Email Address is: lehman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Member Location: Oak Bluffs, MA
>
> Car(s) owned: 1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown Convertible dark blue
> metallic w/
> white top & black leather int. (orig. cream white with a tan interior),
> 440 CID V-8
Chuck, welcome.

Here is a question.  I noticed that you changed the color of the interior from
tan to black.  I have a 68 4 door sedan with a tired green interior that the
seats will heve to be redone and many door interior sections discolored.  I am
considering the possibility (in the far future) to change the color of the
interior, possibly to white.  As I understand, all the plastic interior trim
will have to be removed and repainted and the carpet replaced.  Of course, the
interior sheet metal will have to be painted at that time.  I am wondering,
what else is involved.

The headliner is green of course, but still in good shape.  But this car has
some rust in the roof due to its vinyl roof (the roof has now been replaced,
the rust sanded down, so it hopefully stopped expanding).  I am wondering if
the headliner can be saved and reused or is it going to be destroyed during the
rust fixing process.  If it can be saved, may be the seats can be redone in a
green combination.

These are all thoughts at this stage...

D^2, 68 Sedan and LeBaron